Dignity of Life
This ministry supports the sanctity of life from conception to natural death. Their activities include:
- Hosting the Life Chain on the first Sunday of October each year for St. Andrew Catholic Church and the Myrtle Beach Community.
- Highlighting “Respect for Life” during the month of October with bulletin announcements, full participation with the Diocese of Charleston’s Rosary for Life and sponsoring local educational programs.
- Dedicating the Rosary said on each First Friday for “Respect Life.”
- Distributing Pro-Life literature to the parish throughout the year.
- Providing priests with “Respect Life” materials for homilies.
- Providing aid to those in crisis pregnancies.
- Conducting the annual “Baby Bottle” campaign to maintain awareness of life issues.
- Responding to needs for speakers on life topics for parish organizations.
- Coordinating many activities with Grand Strand Citizens for Life which include the annual Prayer Vigil, a Bus trip to the South Carolina State March for Life, GSCL Conference, and volunteering for community events.
For information on Pro-Life activities in our diocese, visit the Family Life Office of the Diocese of Charleston
For information on Pro-Life activities from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, visit USCCB: Pro-Life Activities.